Monday, April 6, 2009

Should Probably be Embarrassed But Admit I’m Proud

My creative genius has come unleashed! We are in the process of potty training Fiona and I came up with the little ditty about the potty, sung to the tune of This Old Man:

Pee or poo
Pee or poo
You have got to pee or poo
One or the other or both will do
You have got to pee or poo

Considering that we have been potty training her a month and she has only gone on the potty a total of 3 times (number 1 only), I may be jumping the gun here. But I swear she will be trained by the time she is 3, because I am not going to wait for her to potty train herself when she’s 4 since I refuse, and I mean refuse, to buy diapers for a 4 year old.

Like many aspects of parenting, with potty training, most parents seem either way too laid back (Let her train herself at her own pace. It is less work for you. Who cares if you spend away her college fund on diapers? ) or way too ambitious. I’ve heard of parents who potty trained 9 month olds, but I swear those parents are the ones who are trained (Look at that face - she's concentrating hard. She must be going. Quick--run her to the potty to catch it).

No comments: